Our Mission: To help you craft commercial-quality wines at non-commercial pricing!
The Towne Winer opened in 2003 in the south- end of Guelph at the Downey Road Plaza. The proprietors both have their own areas of expertise: Barrie (a.k.a. The Winer) started to make wine 35 years ago while Liz has 25 years experience in the gift trade. Our micro winery features Riedel: the world’s best stemware, wine and gourmet gifts, the newly introduced RESISTech lead-free crystal wine stems plus essential wine accessories. Our award wining wines are vinted from the world’s best wine kits, 100% pasteurized juices and locally sourced Niagara Peninsula varietal juices. Beyond the sales counter is the walk-in cooler, bottling area with prep sinks, bottling supplies and equipment.
Our winery offers an inviting atmosphere in which to vint your quality wines. We have an extensive barrel program, we specialize in vinting “with skins on”, varietals and French hybrids. With the help of multi-award winning winemaker, Barrie, the results are commercial quality, ageworthy wines for you to enjoy and share with your friends.
Why Wine With Us?
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Personalized service, start to finish
- Customized wine & barrel aging programs
- Elegant gift baskets for personal & corporate
- Superior water quality
(5-stage carbon filtration plus U-V Sterilization)
- International multiple award winning winemaker
- Comfortable and inviting atmosphere for your winning
- Minimal use of additives and preservatives in your wine
- Buy local! We specialize in sourcing premium Niagra juices
- Essential wine accessories, stemware, decanters, and aerators
- We are not a franchise so we are not supply controlled nor limited
- Continual sourcing for the best new products in every price and quality category
- All reds vinted with skins on, to enhance: colour, complexity, flavour, body, and aroma
- Continual improvement of our wine making techniques to vint the best possible wines for our winers