We are open for business! How are we tackling COVID-19?
The Towne Winer opened in 2003 in the south- end of Guelph at the Downey Road Plaza. The proprietors, Barrie (a.k.a. The Winer) started to vint wine 40 years ago and Liz has over 30 years experience in retail.
Our international, multi-award winning winemaker sources the world’s best wine kits, pasteurized juices, fresh varietal juices and musts from Italy, California, South America, Australasia and, of course, Niagara & B.C.
We also have an extensive French oak barrel program to age your wines plus specialize in vinting all our varietals and French hybrids with “skins on” for more complexity/age worthiness. With the expertise of our winemaker, we vint commercial quality, age-worthy wines for you to enjoy and share.
Our micro-winery offers an inviting atmosphere in which to vint your quality wines. Focusing on proven wine accessories and essentials, particularly wine decanters and aerators to enhance your wine drinking experience.
We also offer supplies and related wine and beer making equipment for the home wine-maker/ brewer.
Our goal is to create maximum value and quality in every price point/kit/juice category for you. The results of quality wine making are that you will enjoy wines of more complexity, taste, finish and body. We stand behind this goal and our mission: providing you value & quality with your wining experience with us.
As with our wine program, we strive to give you a true Craft Beer experience. The Towne Winer has launched a naturally carbonated, unfiltered, premium, handcrafted small batch beer program locally sourced and developed by our highly experienced Munich trained brew-master. It is an innovative and exciting concept which offers interesting craft beer varieties and seasonal specialties. Bottling is done in recyclable 750ml. glass Belgium bombers that are “swing-tops” or crown capped. All Towne Winer beers are made with 100% all-natural ingredients with minimal processing and are not pasteurized nor chemically preserved. These cask conditioned lagers and ales can even become more complex and smoother with several months of ageing with proper storage conditions.
Why Wine With Us?
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
- Personalized service, start to finish
- Customized wine & barrel ageing programs
- Elegant gift baskets for personal & corporate
- Superior water quality
(5-stage carbon filtration plus U-V Sterilization)
- International multiple award winning winemaker
- Comfortable and inviting atmosphere for your fine wining
- Minimal use of additives & preservatives in your wine
- Buy local! We specialize in sourcing premium Niagara juices
- Essential wine accessories, stemware, decanters, and aerators
- We are not a franchise so we are not supply controlled nor limited to choices
- Continual sourcing for the best new products in every price and quality category
- All reds vinted with skins on, to enhance: colour, complexity, flavour, body, and aroma
- Continual improvement program of our wine making techniques to vint the best possible wines for our winers
For a quick look at The Towne Winer overview
click on our brochure below
Associated and Affiliated Locations
If you are interested in owning and operating such a lifestyle business and would like more information please contact us by emailing email@example.com or call (519) 824-9191.