- The Towne Winer 2015- Platinum: Guelph Tribune Reader’s Choice Awards
- The Towne Winer 2013 – Awards – click here
- The Towne Winer 2012 – Awards – click here
- The Towne Winer 2011 – Awards – click here
- The Towne Winer 2010 – Awards – click here
- The Towne Winer 2009 – Awards – click here
- The Towne Winer 2008 – Awards – click here
Since The “Winer” has gone full time vinting quality wines for The Hospitality Trade in 1994, he has earned many international awards for the quality of his wines.
The most prestigious of these is The Intervin International Awards. Because of it’s high standards, this is a very demanding competition. Certified wine judges are used exclusively, judging is done double blind and the competition requires a second panel to confirm every medal.
Another fertile ground for budding professional winemakers is the AWO: Amateur Wine Makers of Ontario. This organization has supported many fledging winemakers to go pro resulting in many VQA wines being of world class competitive quality. Their judges are all certified and the competition is friendly but intense!
Lastly, the wine competition sponsored by Wine Maker Magazine has grown into the largest international amateur competition in the world. Approximately 3000 entries are expected for this year! So if the winemaker can earn best in class, it’s quite a recognition from his/her peers!
Even though third party ratification is reassuring, The Winer has always felt that You are the final judge, as the wine truly speaks for itself.